Sunday, July 16, 2017

Fire

When I was but a child, I could see things that weren't happening in front of me. Sometimes they would be short other times longer and I was always told that it wasn't really happening, that it was all in my head that it was just my imagination. And for a very long time I believed them.
I started pushing the images I was seeing in my head out. But I couldn't shake it off that it was all real.
Years have now gone by and I don't recall the last time I saw something that wasn't happening, but today out of all days I saw something I wish I could unsee.
Something that I saw once upon a time. A village with many people going about there day like any other day, but a little boy was what caught my attention the most as a child. Now many years later I see the same village only this time in flames. And I see that boy who is no longer a boy staring at me as tho he could she me, he was covered in blood holding a little girl.